Juice cleanses have become quite popular these days. If you want to detox your body, do a simple 3 day juice cleanse. Here we are going to discuss about the juice cleanse and few recipes to help you in this plan. Check what you should do step wise.
3 Days Before Cleanse or Pre-Cleanse
- It isn’t good for your body to transform at a time by taking just juices for 3 days. So, preparing it before hand is recommended.
- About 2 to 3 days before you cleanse your body, avoid all the junk foods. No alcohol, no smoking, no chats and no chips. Avoid all the processed foods. Not even a cup of coffee is allowed. Get your herbal teas instead.
- Eat only vegetarian diet these days avoiding meats. Consume more veggies and fruits. Try to intake raw if possible.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
- Drink minimum 8 glasses of water.
The Three Days
- Start your day with a cup of herbal tea instead of caffeinated one.
- Drink your first glass of juice which could be a combination of green vegetables and fruits to start your day with some energy. It could be early in the morning say at around 9 am.
- Your next glass of juice is in the mid-morning at about 11 am. This one also consists of veggies and fruits.
- By afternoon your energy levels may come down and you must be starving as well. Your 3rd glass of juice may contain some protein to give your some energy. It is ready to drink at around 1 pm. And your half the journey of first day is over.
- Drink your 4th glass of juice which is yet again a combo of veggies and fruits at around 3 pm.
- Drink up your 5th glass of juice in the evening at 5 pm.
- Your final glass of juice is waiting for you to drink as dinner at around 7 pm. Make sure you drink it 2 hours prior going to bed.
- You can adjust your timings based on your routine. Adjust your 6 glasses of juice with equal time intervals in between.
- Make sure you drink 1.5 to 2 liters of water to keep yourself hydrated these three days.
- Continue avoiding all the junks, processed foods and caffeinated drinks for next 3 days.
- Keep eating healthy and drink juices beside solid food.
- Consume green veggies and fruits as well.
- Even if you are not cleaning, you can drink these juices time to time to keep yourself healthy and glowing.
These are few ideas to make juice at home yourself. Add green vegetables especially leafy veggies and fruits, and blend them together. You can make them and drink even not while fasting but when you are fasting or cleansing your system, strain the juice and dilute it with equal amounts of water.
- Celery, kale, green apple, parsley, lime or lemon and fresh ginger blended together.
- Beets, apples, blackberries and ginger blended together.
- Strawberries, dandelion leaves, raspberries and chili blended together.
- Papaya, pineapple, ginger, kiwi and coconut water blended together.
- Apples, ginger, lime, basil leaves and cilantro blended together.
- Coconut water, kale leaves, spinach, banana blended together.
- Pineapple, orange, cilantro and jalapeno blended together.
- Apples, lemon, strawberries blended together.
- Beets, carrots, celery, spinach/parsley/broccoli/cabbage/cauliflower blended together.
- Herbal teas
- Wheatgrass juice
- Ginger tea with lemon and cayenne
- Veggie broth
Now that you know how to do a 3 day juice cleanse, prepare yourself, make a shopping list, get all the ingredients and cleanse your body. You will definitely feel much cleaner and hydrated. Your skin will glow and your health will improve.