Amla (Gooseberry) is a wonder fruit packed with a lot of health, medicinal and beauty benefits. It is said in Hindu mythology, that Amla tree was the first tree on earth which was born out of the tears of Lord Brahma, the creator of the universe. Read on to know how drinking amla juice everyday can benefit you skin, hair and body.
Health Benefits of amla:
- * Amla is a storehouse of vitamin C. Did you know that a single amla contains more vitamin C than 3 oranges or 16 bananas? You can get rid of your vitamin supplements and have an amla everyday.
- * Drinking amla juice every morning purifies blood and detoxifies body. It also increases red blood corpuscles and haemoglobin in the blood. Make amla juice at home with this recipe >>
- * It boosts immunity and protects against frequent illness.
- * When I was suffering from ulcer a couple of years ago, my doctor advised me to have amla juice everyday. It is good for treating ulcers, acidity and other digestive disorders.
- * It has high fibrous content and relieves constipation. For this, you need to eat the fruit as it is or drink the juice without sieving it.
- * It improves eyesight and controls the onset of eye problems like nearsightedness, cataract and glaucoma.
- * Arthritis patients can consume the juice to relieve the inflammation, pain and swelling in the joints. It also improves the bone health.
- * Gargling with amla juice mixed in water helps in maintaining oral health and treats mouth ulcers.
- * Amla juice helps in balancing the cholestrol levels in the body, reducing bad cholestrol and increasing the good cholestrol.
- * It acts as a metabolism booster and hence helps in losing weight.
- * Amla juice mixed with honey helps in relieving cold and cough.
- * It controls blood sugar levels when taken daily by diabetic patients.
- * It keeps the nervous system and cardiovascular system healthy and protects against heart diseases.
Beauty Benefits of amla:
- * Amla juice is an anti-ageing drink. It is rich source of vitamin A which stimulates collagen production, thus keeping your skin-tight, supple and youthful.
- * It has a high concentration of anti-oxidants which protect the formation of free radicals thereby protecting againt UV rays and pollution.
- * Applying amla juice on your face every night removes dead cells, tones and brightens your skin.
- * The high Vitamin C content helps lighten skin complexion and gives a natural glow.
- * Applying amla pulp mixed with honey as a face pack can help in reducing dark spots and pigmentation. Drinking the juice everyday can also give you a flawless skin.
- * Amla juice keeps hair healthy and nourished. It promotes hair growth and treats hair problems like dandruff, hairfall, premature greying, etc.
- * It enhances the black colour of hair and makes dull hair shiny.
- * Rinsing hair with amla juice strengthens hair and adds a bounce and volume.