Cleaning your white converse shoes may be the last thing on your mind, because you feel that’s a hell lot of work. The result is that you use the same dirty shoes over and over again however have you ever thought how dirty it looks and what is the kind of impression you are sending across with these unclean shoes? No matter how well dressed you are, a dirty looking shoe can spoil the game for you. So you must wash your converse shoes regularly and that can be done easily with just some tricks and a bit of knowledge.
Today we will tell you how you can turn your dirty converse fabric into a squeaky clean one. Keep reading.
Method 1: Ingredients required for washing white converse fabric:
- Baking soda
- First and foremost, remove the shoe lace, so that all the areas of the fabric are exposed to the cleaning process and this will make the cleaning process easier.
- Take these shoe laces and soak them separately in a small bucket or mug of water with soap or a bit of detergent in it.
- For the converse, first rinse them, you can place it under running water or dunk them in a bucketful of water. Make sure the water is cold.
- Next, make a paste of baking soda and vinegar. Mix two parts of baking soda and three parts of vinegar in a bowl and make a thin foamy paste.
- Take note to not use a metal bowl as metal tends to react negatively when it contacts vinegar.
- Now scrub the converse fabric with the paste just made. Use a clean toothbrush or a nail brush for this purpose. Clean thoroughly in every nook and corner of the shoes or the fabric.
- Then rinse it in cold water.
- After that place the shoes inside the washing machine and add a bit of detergent. Now run the machine one full cycle with cold water. If you think your shoes would bang a lot in the washing machine then you can wrap them in a laundry bag before putting them in the washing machine.
- Post washing; allow the shoes to air dry. Keep the shoes or the fabric in a sunny area to speed up the process.
- Do not use dryer as this may result in converse shoes losing its shape.
- Remove the laces and soak it like we did previously.
- Next apply a spot cleaning stain stick on all the stains or spots that you want to get rid of. Follow the instruction on the tube before using it. Make sure that you are not rinsing the shoes before spot cleaning. Once the stain stick is used, rub the tip of the stain stick over the stain of your fabric in a circular motion.
- If you have scratches on the fabric or rubber, then you can try cleaning with paper towel covered in soap and water or alcohol.
- After this wash your shoes in the washing machine like mentioned before. Make sure you skip the dryer. Then, dry the fabric.