Face steaming is one of the best skin treatments, as it opens the pores to deep clean excess oil, dirt and grime to keep your skin clean and clear. Steaming stimulates blood circulation, which increases oxygen and nutrients to the skin, as well as softens and moisturizes. Facial steam is often done in a spa, however, if you have minutes to spare, it’s one of the simplest, most inexpensive facial treatments you can do at home to reap some best benefits for your skin with just a pot of hot water.
Benefits of facial steaming
- Acts as a detoxifier
- Steam facial will open your pores to deep clean.
- Regular steam facial will help release all oil, dirt, bacteria, impurities and toxins from your skin.
- Increase blood circulation and will stimulate perspiration.
- Loosens up the unsightly and stubborn blackheads and whiteheads
- Prevent and reduce acne.
- Steam facial will open sinuses.
- Leave your skin soft and glowing.
Today in this post we will share how to steam at home using herbs that not only has healing properties but also helps to soothe and relax your body.
- Water – 1 liter
- ½ cup of favorite fresh herbs like mint, basil, chamomile, rosemary, sage, lavender, peppermint, thyme etc can be used in any proportion.
- Tie your hair back with headband or hair tie and wash your face with a mild cleanser.
- Take large pot or vessel and boil some water in it.
- Lower the flame and add in fresh herbs or just use some herbal tea bags.
- Let the herbs steep in boiled water for 2 minutes.
- Remove the water from the flame and carefully set aside on the table.
- Lean over the water and drape a towel so that it covers your head and the pot.
- For 5 to 7 minutes deeply breathe and relax until steam dissipates.
- Rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.
- With natural and light moisturizer you can moisturize your face.
Note: You can also use tea bags if you don’t have fresh herbs. You can also use chamomile, lavender or peppermint teas. For a more spa like treatment you can add essential oil as well.
Steam facial tips
- Whenever possible select organic tea and herbs.
- Prior to steaming wash your face.
- Never be too close to hot water steam. If you are not careful then you can scald your skin as well as break capillaries under your skin.
- Stay at least 12 to 14 inches away from pot while taking steam.
- Never steam longer than 5 to 7 minutes, as more expose of skin to hear will easily dry your skin and will retain all moisture from face.
- Use few drops of a natural moisturizer like coconut oil or olive oil in water as they act as a light exfoliate and make your steaming work well without drying your face.
- You can apply any face pack after steaming for glowing and flawless skin.