Face steaming is very old but effective remedy for healthy looking skin. If you visit parlors, after every facial steaming is done for extra benefits. Steaming is done during a spa facial but you can easily do face steaming at home because it’s super easy and inexpensive. The steam can work magic on your skin by deep cleansing it and adding glow naturally. Let’s talk in details the amazing benefits of face steaming and how to do it properly at home.
How to Do Steaming:
- Wash your face with mild cleanser to get rid of dirt and to remove makeup.
- Take a bowl and fill it with water, 2-3 cups will work.
- For extra benefits you can add a combination of herbs and oils. For combination-oily skin, use few drops of tea tree oil and for normal dry skin lavender use. Mint and neem, leaves will also work.
- Boil the water and set it on table. Sit in a comfortable position because steaming needs to be relaxing.
- Drape towel on your head and lean over the bowl. Steam for 8-10 minutes. If you feel discomfort you can always remove your towel for fresh air.
It Improves Blood circulation:
Steaming stimulates blood circulation by increasing perspiration which makes your skin function at its best. Bodies’ waste and toxins come out in the way of sweat which eventually helps in making face glow and colorful. Improves blood circulation helps in glowing skin instantly and this is the main reason, face steaming is very popular amongst ladies and it’s often used in salons.
Deep cleanses skin:
Steaming will deep clean your pores, will unclog them, and kill all the bacteria, remove all the dirt and impurities from your face. Daily sun exposure can build-up your skin with dirt/impurities so face steaming will melt away the build-up and will allow your skin to breathe.
If you suffer from acne breakouts like whiteheads or blackheads then steaming can be actually very beneficial for you. Steaming basically opens up your pores and unclogs them so all the oil and dirt are washed away from the pore giving you clear looking skin. After steaming you can scrub your face for better results or if you know how to use the “blackhead extractor” then you can also use it to get rid of acne. To get rid of blemishes and scars you can also add few drops of tea tree oil in the steamer while using.
dead skin cells can lead to premature aging of skin so regular steaming can remove dead skin cells prevents aging signs. The dead cells are removed while steaming and new cells are resurfaced soon which gives you a younger and fresh looking skin instantly. The steam heat also tightens the skin so it doesn’t allow your 20’s skin look older and saggy at all.
Some Important Points to remember:
- While steaming our skin temperature rises which leads to open pores and it can attract dust or impurities. To close pores, use face pack or rub ice all over your face after steaming.
- Don’t overdo steaming, 2 or max 3 times a month is good enough.
- Don’t use too much hot water if you are not comfortable. If it hurts then you must be very close to the pot, adjust your position again.