Sunscreen contains lot of chemical ingredients and excess use of these creams not only damages the skin cells but can also be the reason for skin cancer. But the fact is also that we cannot step out of the house without applying sunscreen, so now what is the an ultimate solution for all this? The answer is very simple DIY natural sunscreen with the products that are easily available at your kitchen.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (Contains SPF 4)
- 1/2 cup almond or olive oil
- 1/4 cup cup beeswax
- 2 table spoon shee butter (Contains SPF 4-5)
- 2 table spoon Zinc Oxide
- 1 table spoon Red Raspberry Seed oil(Optional)
- 1 table spoon Vitamin E oil (Optional)
Method of preparation :
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl except zinc oxide. Now place the bowl in a pan with couple inches of water and place over a medium heat.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the bowl starts to melt. stir it occasionally,Once the ingredients have completed melted turn off the gas.
- Now add the zinc oxide and stir it well and pour into glass jar or tin were you would like to store it. Stir for few times as it cools to make sure zinc oxide is incorporated.
- Use it as you would use your regular sunscreen.
P.S : Best if used within 6 months, Use non-nano version of zinc Oxide as it wont absorb into the skin and do not inhale the powder.