A natural solution for clogged shower drain is vinegar, baking soda, and hot water. These ingredients can help break up the clog. A chemical reaction will break down any dirt, hair and trapped material.
- Simply pour 1/2 cup of salt and 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain.
- Next, pour in 1/2 cup of vinegar over it. Let it sit for 15 minutes while the baking soda and vinegar foam together.
- Once done, pour another cup of hot water down the drain.
- Make sure you have CPVC or metal pipes, as boiling water may damage regular PVC pipes.
- This will flush the drain and break down the soap, hair build up or grease that holds the clog together and clear the blockage.
Once a month, use baking soda to flush down the drain. Simply dump a cup of baking soda followed by a cup of boiling water. Doing so can help keep clogs from building up.