Mixing a small amount of essential oil into your favorite shampoo will not only benefit your hair but also add fragrance to your hair. Lavender oil has a lot of advantages to your hair. It can soothe the scalp, fight dandruff, and heal dry hair. Lavender oil can improve blood circulation, promote hair growth, and fight hair fall. An easy way to add lavender oil to your hair care routine is to use it in your shampoo or conditioner.
Benefits of lavender oil in hair care –
- moisturizes the scalp
- balances sebum production
- powerful antiseptic and antimicrobial
- excellent for controlling dandruff and scalp acne
- promote hair growth
- Increases blood flow to the scalp
- prevent hair loss.
Things You’ll Need
- Lavender oil
- Favorite shampoo
Step 1 –
Take a tablespoon of your favorite shampoo. Increase the quantity depending on the length of your hair.
Step 2 –
Add in 3-4 drops of the pure lavender essential oil.
Step 3 –
Mix the essential oil into the shampoo.
Step 4 –
Massage the lavender shampoo into your hair using your fingertips for few mins and then rinse off.
- To prevent dry hair avoid using hot water on your hair. Hot water strips the natural oils from your hair and scalp resulting in dry hair.
- Check for any allergic reactions before using an essential oil. It is always best to patch test a tiny bit of essential oil on your skin mixed with a carrier oil before using.