Dry/ flaky skin can be very irritating causing to have uneven or cakey finish to your makeup. Here are a few steps you can follow to avoid dry skin and retain moisturize to your skin.
- Oil Bath: Add few drops of olive oil/ sweet almond oil or a cup of milk to your bath to soften your skin.
- Warm Water: Use warm water instead of hot water to prevent your skin from becoming dry.
- Exfoliate: Use a gentle skin care soap or body wash. Exfoliating a dry skin is a must, use a soft synthetic loofah to gently exfoliate the dead skin or add a tbsp of granulated sugar to your body wash to make it into a body scrub.
- Homemade Dry Skin Scrub: Oatmeal mixed with honey makes an excellent natural scrub for dry skin, the soothing properties of oatmeal will calm an irritated skin.
- Moisturize: Apply a good amount of moisturizer after bath while you skin is still damp. Use a good moisturizer that contains, Shea butter, coco butter or you can also use olive oil. If your favorite moisturizer doesn’t have any of the above ingredients then add a few drops of essential oil like tea tree oil, lavender oil to it. Olive oil can be used as a natural moisturizer to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Hydrate: Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day for a moisturized, hydrated skin.