Who doesn’t love to have a fresh, glowing and youthful skin? But maintaining it may need you to indulge in expensive skincare products that are loaded with chemicals. Forget it! You have much cheaper yet extremely effective option lying straight in your kitchen cabinet. Yeah….I’m talking about ‘pumpkin’. Have you ever thought of using it in your skincare? Just follow this DIY recipe and you’ll feel the difference!
- Pumpkin – a small piece
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 teaspoon
(b) Method of Preparation:
- Take the small piece of pumpkin and remove its thick hard skin. The slimy stuff and the seeds present at the upper section should also be discarded.
- You will be left with only healthy flesh of the pumpkin. Clean and wash it with plain water.
- Grate the pumpkin finely. If you are going to process it in a blender or food processor, cut it into even smaller pieces and go ahead. This will give you smooth, thick puree.
- Transfer the pumpkin puree to a small bowl. Add raw milk and pure honey to it.
- Now, mix all the ingredients nicely by using a spoon. Your homemade pumpkin-honey-milk paste is ready to apply.
(c) Method of Application:
- Cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry with a soft piece of cloth.
- Apply the pumpkin-honey-milk paste all over your facial skin uniformly. Make sure that you exclude the delicate areas around your eyes and lips.
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once it dries up, rinse it away with tepid water.
- Finally, splash cold water to your face and pat it dry. You can see soft, smooth and glowing skin immediately.
- Repeat it daily or at least every alternate day to invigorate your dull, damaged skin and get a long-lasting result.
Tips to Remember:
- It is advisable that you apply clean raw pumpkin puree to your face. But if it causes unwanted skin issues, you have other option too. Just boil the pumpkin piece in some water and mash it with your hands. Any excess water released by the vegetable should be eliminated. However, this process is relatively lesser effective.
- Organic honey is always the best choice for our skin. If you can’t access it, simply pick pure raw honey from any reputed brand.
- Do not boil the milk before using it. Raw milk, either cold or stored in room temperature, is always good to go as it can nourish as well as moisturize our skin well.
Benefits of Pumpkin for Our Skin
We all know that honey and milk are superfoods for our skin. Both of them can keep our skin healthy, nourished and moisturized, while combating several skin issues successfully. But it is almost unknown to most of us that the cheap and readily available kitchen ingredient pumpkin also has multiple similar properties. Hence, applying it to our skin can give it a significant boost and that too instantly. Take a quick look at how pumpkin can benefit our skin:
- Pumpkin has a simple molecular structure, which helps it go deep into our skin and work on the cells easily. So, we can get rid of problems like dryness, damaged skin, dull complexion, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and blemishes from inside.
- It is loaded with alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and a number of fruit enzymes, which hydrate as well as revitalize our skin. As our cell turnover goes high, our skin turns clearer, smoother and brighter.
- It is rich in antioxidant vitamins A and C, which prevent our skin cells from free radical damages and stimulate collagen production in those. Therefore, we can stay away from premature signs of aging. These vitamins also provide nourishment to our skin, thereby making it soft and supple.
This pumpkin-honey-milk paste can also be used as a spot treatment. Include it in your regular beauty routine and look luminous naturally.