The simplest things are often the most impactful! Commercial air-fresheners are filled with toxic chemicals that are so overpowering and let’s face it; they don’t really get rid of odors. Instead, they just mask the odor with a super-fruity, synthetic scent. That’s not to mention all the health problems they can cause for some people, especially those with allergies and other sensitivities. It’s time we ditch the expensive commercial room fresheners and give this super easy, insanely cheap, homemade option a try!
Here is a tutorial to make your own deodorizer using baking soda and your essential oil:
Things you need:
- Baking soda
- Essential oil of your choice. ( I used soulflower lavender essential oil )
- A small sturdy jar
- Jar cap (soft enough to make holes in it) or aluminum foil
- Scotch tape
- Fill the jar with one-third or one-fourth of baking soda
- Put 9-10 drops of essential oil and give it a shake
- If you have a lid, make holes on it or seal the top of jar with aluminium foil and make tiny holes on it with a toothpick
- Seal the aluminium foil with a scotch tape and tie a ribbon on it to make it look good!
- Your room deodorizer is ready! Place it at any corner of the house.
What are your favourite ways to naturally freshen up your home?