We all love coffee! Who doesn’t? Many prefer green tea over coffee as it is low in calories and contains minimal caffeine. If you love coffee and find it tough to choose green tea over it, here is a solution for you. You can make coffee the healthier way putting all the healthy and nutritious stuff in it, plus; you can reduce the caffeine intake by choosing decaffeinated coffee over normal ones.
Here are the benefits of this self-innovated healthy coffee:
- As you are choosing decaffeinated coffee, you are obviously reducing the caffeine intake and thereby avoiding its negative effects on the body.
- Jaggery is the closest substitute to white sugar and contains all the nutrients which are not present in refined white sugar. Regular intake has benefits like preventing constipation, cleansing the liver, reducing PMS and increasing immunity. It is also high in iron so beneficial for people suffering from anaemia.
- Almond milk is good is a perfect milk substitute for people who are lactose intolerant. Besides, it helps with weight management, keeps your heart healthy, keeps your bones strong, is good for your skin and the most important part- it tastes better than cow’s milk :p
- We all are aware how beneficial cinnamon is. It controls blood sugar, helps in weight loss, helps digestion, boosts memory and immunity, has anti-oxidants etc.
Here is a recipe for this healthy coffee, Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon decaffeinated coffee powder (you may add more if you like it strong)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Jaggery
- A pinch cinnamon powder
- Half cup almond milk
- Half cup low-fat milk
Method: You can boil the ingredients together and make coffee like you usually make, but I prefer making it in a bit different way. This is how I make it:
- Add coffee, cinnamon powder and jaggery in a mug/cup.
- Add 1 tablespoon water to it.
- Whip it for 3-4 minutes till it forms a thick frothy paste.
- Add almond milk and low fat milk to it and mix.
- Serve hot or chilled!
Here is your healthy frothy coffee ready!