In summers, we love to sip fresh coconut water. That is because of the refreshing and nourishing value of a coconut. But ever heard of the health benefits of coconut milk?
Contrary to belief, coconut milk is not the same as coconut water. To get coconut milk, take the coconut and process its flesh first. Squeeze the milk through a small piece of cheesecloth. As the coco milk sits, what will rise to the top is the cream that can be used for skin application. Coconut milk is as easy to digest as it is to make. But the most wonderful thing about it is the powerhouse of nutrients in it. Prepare coconut milk at home >>
- Skin Moisturizer: Have coconut milk or apply it on the skin. It helps both ways to gain smooth skin texture.
- Make-Up Removal: Mix two parts of olive oil to one part of coconut milk. This will help remove the make-up and moisturize the skin. The technique works well against most commercial makeup removers that are alcohol-based and end up drying the skin.
- Wrinkle-Prevention: Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C and Copper that reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
- Curing Sunburn: Tackle the sunburnt effect on the skin by applying coconut milk on the affected area. It will not only moisturize the area but soothe the pain as well.
- Hair Conditioning: Massage some coconut milk onto the inner roots of the scalp. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave it for a few hours. This acts as a wonderful deep moisturizing tonic for your hair.
Coconut Milk Health Benefits
- Bone Strengthening: Coconut milk is high in phosphorus that helps strengthens bones.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Despite being high in saturated fat, coconut milk has high traces of good cholesterol that is easier for the body to metabolize as compared to diary-based products that raise bad cholesterol.
- Fights Arthritis: Coconut milk has high quantities of selenium that works as an antioxidant helping reduce free radicals that cause joint inflammation.
- Improves Digestion: A well-hydrated digestive tract is important for preventing or treating constipation. Coconut milk nourishes the digestive lining due to its electrolytes and healthy fats, improving gut health and preventing conditions like IBS.
- Aids in Weight Loss: Coconut milk is often considered as a fattening agent due to its saturated fats. But it is also rich in fiber, which makes you feel full for a longer time and if taken in moderation, can help to control weight.
- Regulates Blood Sugar:The manganese element in coconut milk not only helps metabolize glucose in the body but also brings metabolism functioning to the optimum level. Manganese has brilliant properties that help prevent osteoporosis and inflammation.
Do-It-Yourself Coconut Milk Remedies
- Once you cleanse your skin, put a layer of organic coconut milk on your skin for about 15 minutes. Now rinse it away to get optimum results. This treatment not only helps in fighting skin problems such as eczema, dermatitis but also fighting age spots, wrinkles and sagging irritated skin.
- DIY coconut milk hair treatment, shampoo and hair spray for healthy hair growth >>
So next time you have coconut water, use coconut milk too for your beauty and health regimen.