Imagine a scorching summer afternoon with a glass full of cool, revitalizing watermelon juice. Just awesome, right? Watermelon is many of our favorite summer fruit. I’ve already shared the refreshing watermelon-yogurt smoothie recipe with you in one of my previous posts. Let us replace yogurt with tomato today and give the invigorating summer drink a healthy twist.
- Watermelon – 1 medium-sized bowl
- Tomato – 2 medium-sized
- Ginger – 1”
- Rock salt – 1 tablespoon / as required
- Remove the skin of the watermelon and discard the seeds. Now, cut it into small bite-sized pieces.
- Make thin slices of the tomatoes.
- Peel off the ginger and either chop it up finely or grate it manually.
- Now, pour all the ingredients inside the jar of the mixer grinder and mix well. The consistency of the mixture should be neither too thick nor too thin.
- Pour it into a large bowl and put inside the refrigerator. It tastes the best when served chilled.
- After 1-1.5 hours, take the bowl out and transfer the concoction to serving glasses.
- Pick watermelon that is red and juicy enough. It should also have a very sweet taste in order to counterbalance the sourness of the tomato.
- The tomatoes should be deep red and perfectly ripe. It will help you get that awesome sweet-n-sour drink.
- If any of the two tastes become considerably stronger, add 1-2 teaspoons sugar to the beverage so that it gets neutralized.
- Rock salt can be replaced with sea salt or black salt.
- In case you want to discard the tomato seeds, just strain the liquid after blending.
- A dash of chat masala can also be sprinkled over the drink to add a spicy flavor to it.