Our body requires at least 8 hours of sleep per day. Sleeping properly relaxes your mind and provides you the necessary rest that the body demands. If you have trouble falling or staying asleep, or you wake up feeling unrefreshed, you may be suffering from insomnia. This is a common problem now, thanks to stressful and hectic lifestyles. Why go for medicines when you can use natural method to fall asleep without the side effects? Below is how you can make sleep inducing chamomile tea along with its benefits:
- Chamomile is known as a soothing and relaxing herb.
- It makes an excellent tea in the evening or in times of stress or before bedtime because of its mildly sedative and soothing properties.
- Chamomile tea also has calming effect on the nerves that induces peaceful sleep.
- Chamomile tea is known to relax and calm the senses as well as the mind. It instantly soothes you because of apigenen content in it.
- Chamomile tea not only is beneficial for sleep, but also for skin problems, digestive problems, anxiety and bloating.
- Chamomile tea promotes both sleep and muscle relaxation.
RECIPE FOR DIY SLEEP-INDUCING CHAMOMILE TEA:
Things you need-
- 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers
- 1 cup water
- Honey as per taste
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- In a vessel, take 1 cup water and to it, add 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers and ½ teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the flame and strain the tea.
- Add honey to it as per your taste and consume warm before bedtime.
- You can also use this as pillow spray because the chamomile and nutmeg fragrance itself is soothing!
- This tea can also be used as sleep foot spray.