I have recently started using the tea tree range from The Body Shop and loving it! After sharing my experiences with the mask and face scrub from this range, I will now be reviewing the Tea Tree oil. After using it in all possible ways, I can now share my views on it and here is the review:

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL REVIEWPRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

A medicine cabinet must. Pre-blended oil which can be used in many different ways to help soothe blemished skin. Dab directly onto skin at first sign of a blemish.

MY TAKE ON THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL

Packaging: The oil comes in a pretty green coloured clear glass bottle with a plastic white cap. The cap is not flip open or screw one, rather you have to press it and twist in order to open it. This makes the bottle travel friendly as there is no way the bottle could leak.

Texture: The oil is extremely light weight and non-greasy. It feels volatile but I am not sure if it is; but texture is similar to volatile oils.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL REVIEWFragrance: This Tea Tree oil has a very strong tea tree fragrance. They have mentioned it is 15% tea tree, yet it smells strong. I am not sure if sensitive noses would like this.

How I use and after-effects: It is always recommended not to use tea tree oil directly on the skin due to its toxic nature in pure form. Since this is 15% tea tree oil, it can be used directly on the skin. I do get occasional pimples so I use it as a spot treatment when I am home. It can be mixed with your face wash, face cream, face mask, night cream or just spot treatment under face mist. I also used little quantity to massage my scalp, keeps it fresh and free of dandruff. If you use shampoo, you can add 2-3 drops of this oil in a dollop of shampoo and use it to wash your hair as usual. Tea tree oil along with tea tree mask and scrub from this range keeps my skin clear and free from acne. If you have an emerging painful pimple, you can dab little oil on it before bedtime and keep it overnight. The pain would be gone the next morning and the pimple wont flourish- tried and tested.

Since it is light weight oil, you won’t feel you have applied anything on the skin- the oil won’t dry off completely so you have to be careful or it might transfer.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL REVIEWPROS:

  • Travel friendly
  • Decently priced
  • Little goes along way
  • Multipurpose
  • Keeps acne at bay
  • Suits all skin types
  • Easily available

CONS:

  • Very strong smell, can be a con for some
  • Spot treatment can transfer the oil if touched
  • They have mentioned 15% tea tree but then what diluent have used (the remaining 85%??) is not mentioned.

PRICE: INR 695