You need not take any extra supplements or do hard-core workouts to lose weight, when you can achieve it simply by changing some things in your routine! You only need to make small, simple changes to your diet and daily routine to lose weight.
Here are the best weight loss tips which will help you achieve just that:
* Automate you’re eating by planning your meals ahead of time. That way you’re less likely to make an unhealthy last-minute food choice. Oats are your friends! Eating a cup of oatmeal in the morning will prevent you from gorging in the afternoon. Foods with healthy fats such as olives, salmon and walnuts help you feel satisfied.
* If you crave for cold beverages or store-brought juices, make your own smoothies and tasty green teas! Skipping meals can cause your body to go into a fat-storing starvation mode, making it harder to burn calories. Eating a handful of nuts will help you stay full. Try soaking them in water for a different texture.
* You may be used to fried foods but there are other, sometimes healthier, ways to cook including: roasting, steaming, poaching, baking, braising and broiling.
* Don’t confuse thirst with hunger. Drink a glass of water when you feel hungry to see if that’s what you’re really craving. Boost your metabolism with some green tea or chilli peppers. Add them regularly in your meals.
* Tired of eating your salad on a plate? Fill a whole wheat pita with salad and a splash of lemon for a twist. Create emergency packs filled with healthy foods such as nuts, fruits or sliced vegetables to help you avoid unhealthy temptations. Never eat any snack food out of the box, carton or bag it came in. You’re less likely to overeat if you separate snacks into appropriate fist-sized servings.
* Use meditation to help you cope with chronic stress, which can lead you to crave feel-good carbs. Take a brisk walk before lunch or dinner. Not only will you get in some exercise, you’re less likely to choose something unhealthy after a little movement.
* Make sure you get proper sleep as sleep deprivation alters levels of hormones in the body that regulate hunger, causing an increase in appetite.
* Decaf coffee is a great low-calorie fluid when you’re having cravings (and a great source of antioxidants).
* Eating liquid-based foods such as natural smoothies and low-sodium soup can help you cut back on calories yet feel full.
* Use a dash of cinnamon to give fruits such as bananas and melons a richer dessert feel without the sugar.
Incorporate these changes in your daily routine to lose weight in a healthy way!