Every day you get to hear about several new experiments and innovations done in the skin care and cosmetics industry. Some are easy to understand and use in the daily routine; whereas there are others which are technical and need a specialist to handle them. Hyaluronic acid is one such latest ingredient that is highly regarded in the skincare world. Let us know more about this wonder boy.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
No, hyaluronic acid is not exactly an acid as the name suggests. You may also know it as Sodium Hyaluronate and HA. It is a sugar polymer that occurs naturally in the body. Hyaluronic acid has the most unique property of retaining water molecules. It is a gel-kind of substance that acts as a filler and a cushion in the body’s connective tissues.
Due to this, hyaluronic acid aids in the lubrication of all the movable muscles and joints of the human body. However, the miraculous effect it has on our skin is the main concern of this article. Hyaluronic acid keeps the skin young and makes it look beautiful due to its moisture retention properties.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid:
Hyaluronic acid has numerous benefits for your skin. However, it is all the more critical in anti-ageing regime. You will find it in numerous skin care products like serums, creams, lotions, etc. The reason why hyaluronic acid is considered as a ‘Fountain of Youth’ is its immense and safe benefits to the ageing skin.
- Moisture: Hyaluronic acid is a brilliant skin moisturizer as it retains and binds several water molecules and helps to soften the skin. It also protects our skin from any damaging or drying effect of pollution and climate.
- Anti-ageing: Hyaluronic acid provides firmness to our skin and helps to delay the formation of wrinkles. The skin tends to retain its youthful texture for long and stays firm.
- Safety: Hyaluronic acid is an organic substance and is also considered as one of the safe in the industry. It is much safer than harsh chemicals and cosmetic surgeries.
- Heals Wounds: Hyaluronic acid has anti-bacterial properties and prevents the skin from any degeneration. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in healing cuts, wounds, skin ulcers, burns, etc.
- Sunscreen: Hyaluronic acid acts as a skin protector against damaging UVB sunrays. It eliminates the free radicals and thus, prevents the formation of age spots on the skin.
Hopefully you would have understood that if you wish to stay wrinkle-free for some more time, you need to incorporate hyaluronic acid in your skin care regime. It is for a good reason that it is considered as an elixir for a younger looking skin.