Over-exposure of hair to pollution, heat and chemical treatments, lack of hair nutrition and irregular hair care routine tend to make hair dull and lifeless. A homemade hair mask is the perfect way to restore the shine and moisture of hair without extra cost of buying an exclusive hair care product and it is also chemical free.
Below is a DIY banana hair mask to give some life to your dull and damaged hair along with its benefits:
- Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal, is an exceptional moisturizer for your skin and hair. It can penetrate into the hair better than any other oils which help reduce protein loss for both damaged and undamaged hair.
- Coconut oil also improves dandruff and dry scalp because of its antimicrobial properties. More: DIY honey and coconut oil mask >>
- Bananas are rich in natural oils, potassium, carbohydrates and minerals which help in softening the hair and protect the hair’s natural elasticity preventing split ends and breakage.
- Bananas are a great source of Vitamin A, B, C and E along with minerals like potassium, manganese, Zinc and iron. More: Banana recipes for skin and hair >>
- Essential oils repairs hair damage and keeps hair soft and healthy.
RECIPE FOR DIY BANANA HAIR MASK FOR DULL AND DAMAGED HAIR:
Things you need:
- ½ cup mashed or blended ripe banana. You can also use more depending on your hair thickness and length.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Few drops of essential oil
- In a bowl, add ½ cup of mashed or blended banana.
- Add in 1 teaspoon coconut oil. If coconut oil is solid, melt it and then add.
- Now, add in the essential oil.
- Give it a god mix and apply on your scalp and hair.
- Shampoo it off after 2 hours.