Thinning hair is something caused by stress, pollution, lack of care, hormonal changes, pregnancy, genes etc. We all desire thick and dense hair but not all are blessed with it. There are a lot of shampoos, serums, hair treatments that promise to give your thick hair and eradicate the problem of thinning hair but commercial products seldom work! Here is how you could use amla for thinning hair recommended by Ayurveda:
- Amla, the Indian Gooseberry contains several anti-oxidants including vitamin C which is necessary for collagen production. Elevated collagen levels accelerate production and increase strength of new hair growth.
- Amla oil is a great to nourish your tresses. It adds color as well as texture to the hair and at the same time nourishes it well too.
- Regular use of aamla nourishes hair, stimulates growth, strengthens hair follicles and prevents dandruff and split ends.
- Amla can prevent premature greying, hair loss and dull rough hair.
AMLA HAIR OIL
- Take a fresh amla or dried amla powder. If you have fresh amla, you need t remove the seed and blend it.
- Add the amla powder or blended amla paste to coconut oil and boil it.
- Let it remain soaked in the oil for a week and strain.
- Use the oil as a night hair treatment
AMLA HAIR MASK
- Take amla powder in a bowl and add in milk cream.
- Give it a good mix and add in coconut water.
- Apply the paste on your hair as a hair mask 2 hours before shampooing.