Coconut oil is not the same humble oil anymore – This one has come out of the closet and how! We will tell you some excellent ways of using coconut oil which will blow your mind away.
- Sun burn: The skin finds a hard time escaping from sun’s harsh rays in summer. The result of which is sun burn. Coconut oil can help you get rid of this. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties which will cool the skin immediately. It is also an excellent moisturizer for the skin. If that is not enough coconut oil has a natural SPF between 4 and 20 which will make sure the skin does not get damage in future too.
Method: After you come back from out or before you go for a bath take some pure coconut oil as per your requirement and apply generously on the sun burnt skin. Leave it on for half an hour if possible and take bath. You can also mix coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of aloe Vera for added effect on the skin.
- Bug bites: If you have had mosquito bites or bug bites, coconut oil can be a rescuer here too. Simply apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the affected area. This will not only sop the itching/burning sensation but it will also protect the skin from further infections. You can also mix equal amount of baking soda in coconut oil and apply it on the area, this will give better benefits.
- Cuts and Scrapes: Coconut oil is a good remedy for cuts and scrapes too. Coconut oil provides a layer of protection for cuts as well as scrapes which happens from bacteria, dust and virus.
Method: Apply thin layer of coconut oil mixed with a few drops of honey on the area.
- Teeth whitener: Organic Coconut oil can be used for toothache as it is known to reduce tooth sensitivity and strengthen the enamel as well. Studies have also proved that coconut oil helps to combat a major bacterium Streptococcus which causes tooth decay. The famous oil pulling method can be used for healthy oral care and teeth whitening naturally.
Method: Dip your finger in coconut oil and massage it around the affected tooth. For better results you can mix clove oil and coconut oil and apply it around the teeth. Besides this you can apply coconut oil regularly after brushing your teeth to protect your teeth in general.
- Dry skin: Coconut oil is antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial and antioxidant. It has proven to heal dry and damaged skin very effectively. It also contains many vital nutrients like Vitamins K and E. You can also try this DIY acne treatment using coconut oil
Method: Massage a small amount of coconut oil everywhere, body, face wherever the skin is dry and leave it on for half an hour and take bath after that. You can also use it as a moisturizer after bath. For better results, you may mix it with olive oil.
- Brittle nails: First and foremost, you must apply coconut oil in general on your hands and feet regularly if you have brittle nails. This will stop the nail infections.
Method: For brittle nails, take coconut oil in a bowl and warm it up. Then dip your nails in it and sit for some time.