Have you ever thought this regular herb can have a number of beauty benefits along with health benefits?
Following are the amazing beauty and health benefits of parsley and its seeds:
- Since Vitamin C is not naturally present in the body, we need to consume it in sufficient amounts through food. The high amount of Vitamin C in parsley and its seeds nourishes the skin from within to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and scars.
- Consuming parsley and its seeds stimulates the production of collagen in the skin and promotes cell reproduction and repair. This leads to faster growth of new skin which results in blemish free, even and smooth skin.
- Parsley contains beta carotene which is converted to Vitamin A for proper maintenance and repairing of skin. Thus eating parsley improves skin’s elasticity, which battles wrinkles and speeds up the wound healing process.
- Parsley works wonder to erase under eye dark circles. It contains high amount of Vitamin C, chlorophyll and Vitamin K which helps to lighten the under eye area and reduce puffiness.
- The volatile oils, eugenol particularly, present in parsley provides antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which is useful for treating acne, pimples, skin infection and to disinfect pores. Parsley oil is easily available in the market. Never apply parsley oil directly to the face as it can burn the skin.
- Consuming parsley abundantly helps to balance excess sebum secretion in oily skin. It further helps to clear the pores which might otherwise lead to acne outbreaks. Zinc in parsley controls skin inflammation and promotes skin regeneration. It also reduces the redness and diminishes acne blemishes.
- Parsley is beneficial for reducing the appearance of dark spot and skin discoloration. Parsley or its seed powder, honey and lemon juice face pack can effectively erase dark spots and skin discoloration.
- Parsley contains minerals like calcium, potassium, manganese, copper and zinc which are essential for maintaining healthy skin. Extract the juice from the leaves and mix it with 200 ml of water. Drink this concoction daily to get healthy skin.
- Parsley contains high amount of antioxidant which protects our skin from free radical damage and delays the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Parsley is rich in other important nutrients which address a number of nutritional deficiencies that lead to hair loss or weak hair. Parsley has been traditionally used as a hair tonic to disinfect scalp and control hair loss. It contains apigenin, an antioxidant flavonoid which controls hair fall through the regulation of TGF-beta1 gene.
- Parsley contains high amount of copper which helps to retain hair’s natural colou It can be applied topically or can be taken in large amounts in your diet.
This culinary herb is one of the best disease fighters. This has many medicinal properties so it can be directly used as a medicine as well!