Acne and blemishes are age old problems that most of us suffer from. Treating it from the root is the best option instead of hiding it as it prevents scars and makes your skin look clear. Acne can be a result of a number of factors like oily skin, unhygienic conditions, frequent touching, lack of skin care, hormonal imbalances, genetics, pollution etc.
Home remedies are always preferred over commercial treatments and many would agree to this because natural remedies have little to no side effects and they are very effective. Below is how you could make an anti-acne tea-tree toner to prevent and heal acne along with its benefits:
- Tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic and is mostly found in cleansers as it has the ability to fight fungus, viruses and bacteria.
- Tea Tree Oil not only removes acne but also deals with redness and skin blemishes.More: Home remedies using tea tree essential oil >>
- Tea tree oil also soothes and calms the skin.
- It also helps control oiliness of skin.
- Basil is loaded with anti-oxidants and other nutrients that is beneficial for maintaining beautiful and healthy skin.
- Basil too is anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal that keeps acne causing bacteria at bay and thus prevents and heals acne.
- The toner stays unspoilt for good 1 week in the refrigerator, so you can make a 1 week batch and store.
RECIPE FOR DIY TEA-TREE FACE TONER FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN:
Things you need:
- you need a handful of basil leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves,
- 4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 1 cup of water.
- In a vessel add 1 cup water and handful of basil leaves or 2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves.
- Brew it and keep it aside to cool.
- Once cooled, pour it into a bowl and add in 4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Mix it well and pour it into a bottle.
- To use, take some toner on a cotton ball and wipe it over your face.
**Warning ** – Patch test before use.