Most of the people start their day with a healthy breakfast of eggs. Boiled eggs and omelet’s are very common in breakfast. But there is a more beneficial way of having eggs, which is poaching the eggs instead of boiling or frying. Poached eggs have less calories and fat than baked or fried eggs.
Let’s take a look on how to make poached eggs.
- Eggs – 2
- Tomatoes – 2 medium sized
- Onions – 2 medium sized
- Green chilies – 3-4 roasted
- Black pepper corns
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop onions roughly and dice tomatoes.
- Chop 1-2 roasted chilies.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add onions and sauté till soft.
- Add diced tomatoes and salt to onions and sauté.
- Add 2 roasted chilies to this tomatoes and onion mixture.
- Crush the black pepper corns and add to the mixture and let it cook.
- Heat water in another non-stick pan.
- Break an egg into the water. Gently gather the egg white over the yolk and cook.
- Transfer the tomatoes and onion mixture into a plate.
- Carefully Place the poached egg on this mixture.
- Add the chopped roasted chilies on this mixture.
- Sprinkle some crushed black peppercorns.
- Serve hot.
You can also add some cream and grated cheese on it, if you want.