Hair loss and stunt hair growth is a major problem these days thanks to stress, pollution, lack of nutrition and genes. During our granny’s time, girls used to have a natural long hair because they had a habit of pampering their hair with homemade products. A lot of natural remedies work for hair problems like dandruff, premature graying, hair loss, and hair fall.
Coconut oil is well known for its hair strengthening and moisturizing properties and garlic is known for its hair follicle-strengthening properties. Both the ingredients mixed together work really well in treating hair loss and hair growth. Below is a recipe for DIY garlic and coconut oil scalp treatment for hair loss and hair growth along with its properties:
- Garlic oil contains a lot of nutrients that helps to boost hair growth and texture and fight against many diseases of the scalp.
- Garlic provides proper nourishment to the scalp and hair-follicles which eventually helps in making the hair stronger than before.
- Garlic can also boost blood circulation to make hair roots stronger and removes toxic substances from the scalp. More: DIY garlic shampoo >>
- Coconut oil contains essential nutrients that improve the overall health of the hair, prevents balding and gray hair.
- Coconut oil and garlic has antiviral, antimicrobial and antifungal properties to make the scalp healthier, free from fungus, and moisturized.
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid that penetrates the hair shaft, nourishing the hair with vitamins, minerals and fatty acids thereby making hair follicles strong and reducing hair loss.
- The oil is very easy to make as it has just 2 ingredients that we usually have in the kitchen! More: Garlic oil uses and benefits >>
DIY GARLIC AND COCONUT HAIR MASK:
Things you need –
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (even juice will do but powder seems to mix well with oil)
- 4-5 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Method- Warm some coconut oil and pour it into a bowl. You can add in more coconut oil (and garlic powder or juice) depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Now, add in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or juice whatever is available and give it a good mix. Make sure there are no powder lumps and mix it until the oil gets a homogenous texture and even brown color (if the powder is used). Your oil garlic coconut oil is ready. To use, make partitions in your hair and apply the oil thoroughly onto the scalp. Repeat the process until every inch of your scalp is covered properly. Apply the remaining oil on your hair and massage your scalp so that the oil gets absorbed into your scalp. Keep it overnight or for 2-3 hours. Shampoo it off as usual and you are done! Repeat the procedure once or twice a week for quick results.