Just as you exfoliate your skin, it is important to exfoliate your lips too. This is when lip scrubs and lip polishes come into play. Before you buy a commercial lip scrub or polish, try this matcha sugar lip polish recipe! This Sugar Lip Polish sloughs away dry flakes to nourish and condition the lips to keep it soft and smooth all winter season.
Coconut oil- Has moisturizing and lip softening properties.
Sugar- Exfoliates and buffs away dead skin cells. Keeps skin soft and plump.
Matcha powder- Is a great source of anti-oxidants.
RECIPE FOR LIP POLISH:
Things you need-
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- In a bowl, add sugar and matcha powder.
- Add in melted coconut oil and stir.
- If you stay in hot and humid weathers where coconut oil stays in liquid state at room temperature, you can add some beeswax to the mixture.
- Stir well and pour the mixture in lip balm tubes. Let it solidify and your lip polish is ready!
- Scrub/massage the product on your lips as and when required.
- Oil Lip Balm: Protect your lips by using lip balm or using a drop of sweet almond oil and applying a lip balm over it to seal in the moisture that will prevent the lips from being dry.
- SPF lip Balm: Use a lip balm with an SPF factor of 15 or above, to protect your lips from the sun as well as the cold and wind.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin and lips hydrated.