French toast is a very easy and tasty breakfast dish. This simple recipe can be made delicious by adding vanilla and cinnamon flavor to it. Just a bit of twist, can make this awesome dish a star! The egg, milk that goes into the French toast makes it a healthy dish. You can also add dollops of butter while cooking it to make it tastier and rich. It can be relished at any time however it is best if had as breakfast considering the richness in the dish.
- Instead of sugar, you can add honey and make it healthier.
- To enhance the taste of this vanilla cinnamon French toast, you can add maple syrup on top as a garnish.
- Serve the French toast with your favorite fruits if desired.
- If you are health conscious, like me then cook it on nonstick pan and no need to use butter or oil. It will save your body from a lot of calories.
- Sandwich bread- 4 slices
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 1/4 cup
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar- 2 spoons ( as per preference)
Take a bowl, beat one egg, then add milk and beat it again.
Powder the sugar and add that into the bowl. Add vanilla essence as well as cinnamon powder into the mixture and beat it well.
Now your flavorsome batter is ready.
Keep a flat pan on the flame and heat it.
Once the pan is heated, dip the bread slice in the egg mixture and let it soak for a minute. Then place the bread slice on the heated pan.
Keep the flame on medium and allow it to cook. Once one side is done, flip it over and cook the other side. Cook it until the sides turn golden brown and serve.
Garnish with cinnamon sugar, whipped cream or nutella!