Neem has played an important role in traditional Indian remedies, Ayurveda and Naturopathy. Most houses in India have neem trees. Just growing a neem tree in your garden and inhaling its aroma can be beneficial in many ways. Neem is well known for its skin, hair and health remedies and here we are today with a neem face mask recipe with benefits of using the same-
Neem- Has amazing anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and pore unclogging properties. Helps keep skin clean and clear.
Apple cider vinegar- Balances skin pH, unclogs pores, treats acne and keeps skin clear and healthy.
RECIPE FOR NEEM FACE MASK FOR CLEAR SKIN:
Things you need-
- 1 tablespoon neem paste or neem powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or more if using neem powder (as required)
In a bowl, add neem paste/powder and enough apple cider vinegar.
Mix an apply on facial skin. Let it air dry and wash off after 15 minutes.
ADDITIONAL REMEDIES USING NEEM-
- Neem powder has anti-bacterial properties which is good for people with acne and pimple-prone skin. Mix neem powder with curd and apply as face pack regularly. This will eventually reduce the appearance of breakouts and pimples.
- If you are suffering from dark spots, blemishes and pigmented skin, apply neem powder or paste mixed with honey to get a clear, even skin tone.
- Neem powder can also control excess oil secretion. If you have a very oily face, take some neem powder mixed with besan flour and rose water and apply all over face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This will help reduce sebum and oil production.
- Neem powder is also very effective in treating dandruff and itchy scalp. Add some neem powder to your regular hair pack or make a hair pack using neem powder and yoghurt to get rid of dandruff and itchiness. This is also an effective lice treatment.
- For a natural purifying scalp treatment, add some lemon juice to neem powder and olive oil and massage your scalp with it. The antibacterial effects of neem will deep purify your scalp.
- Neem powder also stimulates hair growth and reduces hairfall when used regularly.
- If you are facing any skin infections, just take add some neem powder to your bath water to get cured.
- Neem powder can be used during manicure and pedicure as a scrub to cleanse and prevent nail / toe fungal infections.
- Applying neem powder underarms acts as a natural deodorant.
- You can also brush your teeth using a mix of neem powder and salt for maintaining healthy teeth and gums.