We are all born with flawless and glowing skin but as we age, our skin tends to get sun tanned, dull, wrinkled, scarred, pigmented and what not. Pigmentation and all other skin issues can take a toll on your complexion. There are a lot of skin care products available commercially that claim to even out your skin tone or brighten up your complexion but they seldom work. DIY is always given a thumbs up when it comes to skin care and below is an easy turmeric oil night serum to restore your complexion:
Turmeric essential oil- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Being an anti-fungal and antiseptic, it will dry out the pimples and also prevent breakouts. This prevents further scarring and dark spots on skin. Turmeric essential oil also has great skin brightening effects which is long known in Ayurveda. More: Turmeric oil benefits >>
Sweet almond oil- Sweet almond oil helps to improve complexion and retains healthy glow. Almond oil also is a natural skin nourisher and moisturizer that keeps your skin plump, healthy and glowing.
Aloe vera gel- Aloe vera gel has skin hydrating, moisturizing, healing, and anti-aging properties. Aloe vera gel also keeps your skin soft and supple.
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC OIL NIGHT SERUM:
Things you need-
- 1 teaspoon pure turmeric essential oil; I used this homemade turmeric oil >>
- 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel; you can use a store bought one or make your own gel like this >> (Commercial aloe gel is the best for this recipe as it contains preservatives that increases the shelf life of serum or if not, you could add in few drops of vitamin E oil to make the serum last long)
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil
- In a jar, add in 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and add in 1 teaspoon of turmeric essential oil. Give it a god mix.
- Now, add in 1 teaspoon of sweet almond oil and mix everything well.
- If you have used a homemade aloe gel, add in few drops of vitamin E oil to make increase the shelf life of serum. Store the gel in fridge for a month.
- To use, apply few drops of serum on face before bedtime.
**Caution: Patch test before using any essential oils on skin. If you are pregnant, consult your doctor before incorporating essential oils in your skincare routine.