Pimples are a very common problem faced by both teenagers and adults. Pimples are annoying, and chances are, they will happen at the most inopportune time. A healthy diet and good skin care can have a positive effect on your skin’s health. Basil is a well-known anti-acne/pimple remedy and works well when taken both internally and used externally. Below is how you could use basil to treat pimples overnight along with its benefits:
- Basil is great for acne and we all know it! It is great internally and externally and works even better when it is used both ways simultaneously.
- Basil is beneficial for maintaining elasticity of your skin, making it plump and clear.
- Basil has natural antibiotic properties that can kill germs that may cause acne.
- Basil is able to break up clogged pores, clear out dead skin cells, and keep acne or pimples from coming back.
- Basil also has anti-inflammatory effects that reduce the size of pimple overnight thereby reducing its inflammation.
WAYS TO USE BASIL TO TREAT PIMPLES OVERNIGHT:
Basil tea- In a vessel, take 2 cup of water and to it add a handful of fresh basil leaves. You can crush and tear the basil leaves before adding. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the flame. Now, after the tea is cooled down, strain and add in a bit of lemon and honey. Consume warm before bedtime.
Toner: Just mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts basil tea (recipe as mentioned above) to use as a toner to treat acne prone skin before bedtime.
Spot treatment: In a bowl, take some fresh basil juice and apply it on cleansed skin on affected areas using a Q-tip before bedtime. Let it work overnight.