Waxing, threading, sugaring etc. are some easily available physical treatments for temporary hair removal. They often cause pain and getting a laser hair reduction isn’t quite affordable to many. According to Ayurveda, turmeric or ‘halkund’ can help you gradually get rid of body hair. It requires patience using the mask religiously! Below is how you could make this ayurvedic turmeric mask using only 2 ingredients and use it too:
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC MASK TO REMOVE UNWANTED HAIR:
Things you need-
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Grab a bowl and add in turmeric powder.
- Add in milk and make a spreadable paste. Add in more milk if you want.
- Apply the paste in the opposite direction of your hair growth and let it dry completely.
- Take a dry loofah or scrubber and scrub off the mask gently. This can cause a bit discomfort but is bearable.
- Wash your skin and moisturize well.
- Use the mask every 3-4 days without fail.
- You would gradually notice that hair takes longer to grow back and feels and looks very fine.
- Turmeric can slightly stain your skin. Make sure you use a mixture of baking soda and coconut oil to buff the area after using this mask.