Summers are here and we need to keep ourselves hydrated as much as possible by drinking different fluids and water. And what a better way than indulging in a refreshing and chilled lemon iced tea. Tea is a beverage most of us love and cannot do without, lemon Iced tea is a great and healthy variation to have especially during the hot sunny days. It is one of my most favorite drinks which I like having often. It is extremely easy to make with just a few ingredients, so let’s get started.
- It is essential not the boil tea powder in water for more than 3 minutes, as that can make the tea taste bitter.
- Sugar and lemon juice can be added as per once taste and preference.
- Sugar can be replaced by honey for a slightly different taste.
- Fresh mint leaves can also be added for an even more refreshing and minty flavor. To do so add few mint leaves along with the tea powder in boiling water and follow rest of the process.
- Tea Powder- 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Lemon- 1 whole
- Water- 3 cups
- Ices cubes
- Heat the water in a pan till it reaches a boil.
- Once the water starts bubbling add the tea powder and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and immediately strain the mixture in a bowl.
- Add in sugar and let the tea cool down for 7-8 minutes.
- Once it’s cool down to room temperature squeeze in fresh lemon juice and stir.
- At this point sugar can be adjusted as per taste.
- Take a glass and fill it with ice and pour the tea over it.
- Garnish it with a slice of lemon and Lemon iced tea is all ready to serve.