Blackheads are a common problem thanks to pollution, lack of skincare, lack of hygiene, excessive oily skin, clogging pores etc. Blackheads are “clogged hair follicles” that are filled with excess oil, dead skin and bacteria. Not only do blackheads look ugly, but they also increase your pore size with time giving your skin a textured look which usually affects the nose and area surrounding your T-zone. It is important to regularly exfoliate and treat your skin with some much-needed care and you can do it at home using nutmeg and milk! Below is how to do it:
- Nutmeg when mixed with milk gently exfoliates your skin and helps clear the pores and blackheads gradually.
- Nutmeg has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that kill all the clogged bacteria in the pores preventing further acne and blackheads.
- Milk too has anti-acne properties that helps prevent acne and blemishes and possible blackheads.
- Both the ingredients have skin beneficial properties that brighten up the skin, unclog pores, nourish and moisturize skin.
- Regularly using both these ingredients softens the blackheads and whiteheads too which after exfoliation loosens and vanishes gradually.
WAYS TO USE NUTMEG AND MILK TO GET RID OF BLACKHEADS:
Face scrub- In a bowl, mix together nutmeg powder and milk to make a paste. Apply it on your nose and wherever you have blackheads and massage using gentle movements for good 3-4 minutes. You can also do this on your entire face if you have blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. Rinse off and pat dry. Do this every 2 days.
Face mask- In a bowl, mix together nutmeg powder, milk and honey so as to achieve a spreadable paste. Apply this on your face and let it work for good 30 minutes. Rinse off with gentle massages and pat dry. Do not forget to moisturize.