Rice has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It helps to tighten the pores and bring a glow to the face. Using rice in your beauty routine can help brighten the skin overtime. You can make your own rice face cleanser at home that will cleanse, exfoliate as well as moisture for a clean and clear skin.
Rice flour- Rice flour has great exfoliating properties. It also helps brighten the skin and cleanse pores thereby preventing and treating blackheads and whiteheads.
Lemon essential oil- Lemon essential oil helps cleanse the pores, fights acne and draw out blackheads. It has astringent properties that tighten the pores, purify and also brighten the skin.
Things you need-
- 1/2 cup liquid castile soap or organic soap
- 2-3 tablespoons rice flour
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
In a bowl, add castile soap. Add in rice flour and lemon essential oil.
Mix gently and pour in a pump bottle. Use it as a facial cleanser twice a day. Use the cleanser with Whipped Beet Sugar Scrub for glowing skin
- Always patch test before use. If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil. Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.