Not all of us are blessed with naturally thick hair. But that doesn’t hold us back from wishing to flaunt voluminous curls. Adding volume to your hair is not at all difficult if you are ready to go that extra mile and adhere to some of the easiest hair-care tips and tricks possible! Wondering how to add volume to your locks? Check out this article for the top five tips for voluminous hair.
1. Hair volumizers: Special products for special needs: If you want to add volume to your hair, invest in a good-quality volumizing shampoo. An array of such shampoos is available in the market. Pick one to suit your pocket and needs. After that, when you use your favourite hair conditioner, tactfully avoid the hair roots so that volume is preserved around the roots of your tresses. Try to utilize volumizing sprays and mousses to an advantage. While sprays and mousses might not be healthy for your hair in the long run, they may be used once in a while to add volume to your hair. Special hair-sprays and hair-mousses are available to add volume to limp and thin hair. Invest in them and use them to your advantage.
2. Styling products: A strict ‘no-no’ to hair-styling products that ‘flatten’ the hair: Stay away from two-in-one hair care products. The reason is simple- such two-in-one products tend to clutter the hair follicles and impart a flat appearance to your hair. Moreover, refrain from using hair waxes, hair gels and hair balms because they end up making your hair look flaccid and greasy. So, avoid them.
3. Overnight volume: Well, next time you wish to show off voluminous hair, tie your hair into a high ponytail. Go to sleep and wake up to look beautiful with hair that has more volume to it. This is a night-time trick to get hair volume.
4. Cut your hair right: A nice hair cut and the right kind of hair-style can actually help to impart volume to your hair. Pixie cuts are great for this purpose. Ask your hair expert to cut your hair so as to add volume. Moreover, styling your hair in the right way is also important. For example, curling your tresses would add significant volume while straightening them would give a flat look
5. Tease: Teasing may be an old-school tactic, but it’s still a go-to method for hairstylists because it really works. For first-time teasers, here’s how it works: Gather hair at the crown of the head and backcomb two to three-inch sections down the roots. Then, brush through with your fingertips to soften the look.
Natural remedies to add volume to your hair:
- Clarifying shampoo: Use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of product build from hair products that can make your hair weigh-down or make a all natural clarifying shampoo at home using baking soda that will deep clean the scalp to add volume.
- Hair Masks: Use homemade hair masks using egg to not only add bounce and volume to your hair but also strengthen your hair from the roots.
- Epsom salt can be used to add body to your hair. Mix Epsom salt with conditioner for a natural hair voluminizing product.
- Use warm oil to massage hair and scalp. It increases blood circulation thereby making roots healthy and bouncy. Always keep scalp and hair clean.
If your hair is limp and flat, no need to lose your sleep over it. With these easy-to-follow tips and tricks, adding volume to your otherwise thin hair is indeed an effortless job. Feel confident and feel beautiful because confidence speaks volumes about the beautiful person you are!