Do you always suffer from itchy nose, headache and sore throat before getting a full-blown cold or cough? Sore throat and cough can also still be there after cold and can cause a lot of discomfort. Weather changes, eating a lot of cold or simply allergies can cause sore throat and cough often. You cannot always rely on medications for these common problems as they have long term negative effects. Honey is a natural remedy for sore throat and cough and below is how you could use it along with benefits:
- Honey is loaded with antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help with a quick recovery of sore throat and cough.
- The powerful anti-inflammatory properties as well as the soothing nature of honey help treat various symptoms of the flu including cold, cough and sore throat.
- Honey is a natural home remedy for a cough, as it soothes the irritated tissue lining at the back of the throat.
- Honey has analgesic properties that eliminate the mucus and soothes your sore throat.
- It also has strong anti-oxidant and anti-microbial properties, which are effective for relieving cough.
- Regular consumption of honey also builds up resistance and immunity.
WAYS TO USE HONEY TO SOOTHE A SORE THROAT AND COLD:
Honey lemon water: A simple recipe is a combination of 1-cup of warm, 1-2 teaspoon of raw and organic honey and 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix well and drink warm first thing in the morning and before bedtime. More: Honey lemon remedies >>
Honey ginger syrup: You can either make syrup in advance or make it instantly and swallow. To make syrup in advance, simple soak fresh ginger in honey and keep in dark for a week and consume as needed or you can simply mix honey and ginger powder on a spoon and swallow it.