If you have been suffering from rough and unmanageable hair that lacks shine, no other natural ingredient would work as great as honey! There are a lot of commercial hair products that contain honey as an active ingredient but they often contain other undesirable ingredients too. Below is a recipe for honey shampoo you can make and try today!
HAIR BENEFITS OF HONEY:
- Honey is a natural humectant that keeps your hair moisturized and hydrated.
- Reduces frizz and makes hair manageable.
- Softens hair and makes them silky smooth.
- Adds a healthy and radiant shine.
RECIPE FOR HONEY SHAMPOO:
Things you need-
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon raw and organic honey
- ½ cup water
- Few drops of your favourite essential oil (optional)
In a bowl, add water and liquid castile soap. Add in honey and few drops of your favourite essential oil.
Mix it gently and pour in a pump bottle. Use it twice a week.
Always patch test before use. If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil. Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.