In this age of junk foods, fatty foods and all high-carb meals, indigestion is a common issue. Indigestion is often accompanied with bloating which generally occurs due to water retention, constipation or hormonal factors making your tummy swell up and look baggy.
According to Ayurveda, if digestion is not working optimally- energy, health and the ability of the body to heal and renew is impaired. Ginger is a well-known ayurvedic remedy for indigestion! Below is how you could make ginger tea for proper digestion along with its benefits:
Ginger helps improve digestion, and prevent fluid retention and inflammation.
Ginger tea speeds up metabolism and also prevents fluid retention, thus eradicating chances of bloating.
Ginger is effective in fighting gas, indigestion due to acid reflux, cramps, and ease out spasms in the intestinal tract.
Ginger not only helps speed up metabolism, but also helps fat burning. Ginger is thermogenic in nature which rises the body temperature, thereby burning the fat more effectively.
Not only can ginger help with weight maintenance and proper digestion in general, it can also keep that pesky belly fat at bay.
HOW TO MAKE GINGER TEA:
Things you need-
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger powder or 2 inches fresh ginger crushed
- 1 cup water
- Honey for taste if you like
- In a vessel, pour 1 cup of filtered water and put it on low flame.
- Add in fresh crushed ginger or 1 ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Let it simmer on low flame for 5 minutes and turn on the flame.
- Strain and add in some honey if you like it sweet. Consume warm.
- You can also add in green tea leaves while brewing if you do not like a strong ginger flavor.