Skin detox is necessary just as you detox your body. After a stressful and lengthy day, a warm water bath is really relaxing. Using baths to detoxify the body is a practice that has been used since ancient times. Detox bath salts are available everywhere but they often contain artificial colors and ingredients. Below is how you could use ginger to prepare a detox bath along with its benefits:
- This ginger detox bath is a feast for the skin. It helps relax the muscles to allow better absorption of moisture.
- It also cleanses and hydrates the skin.
- Along with sweating and improving the basal temperature of the body, ginger will help in easing the inflammation and body pain associated with common cold and other seasonal allergies.
- Ginger will boost your metabolism and kick start your digestive system. It has a high mineral content and multiple vitamins which help balance your pH and nourish your body.
- A detox bath generally draws out the toxins from the body via osmosis. Detox bath on regular basis keeps body clean and elimination channels open for regular detoxification process.
- In a bowl, add in 3 tablespoons of ginger powder, 1 tablespoon of Epsom salts and 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves. You can also add in lemon zest if you want.
- Put all the ingredients in the center of a muslin cloth and tie it.
- Soak it into your hot bath water for 5 minutes and take it out.
- Soak yourself in for 20 minutes.