Baking soda is a very popular natural method for clearing acne. It can also be used to help fade stubborn acne scars as well. It has excellent exfoliating properties that deep clean the skin by removing the dirt, dead skin cells, and oil which is trapped in the pores. Aloe vera has an anti – inflammatory property that helps to heal the acne scars very quickly. It is another great natural ingredient to help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
Benefits of baking soda:
- Mild abrasive.
- Deeply cleanses pores.
- Helps to get rid of dead cells, excess sebum, and germs.
- Minimizes excess oil from face.
- baking soda
- aloe vera
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera to make a paste.
- Apply on the face as a face mask, concentrating more on acne affected areas.
- Massage gently for 30 secs in a circular motion.
- Let it dry for 5 – 10 minutes and then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this once or twice a week.
- Baking soda can be pretty drying on the skin and it shouldn’t be used regularly.
- Moisturize your skin after using baking soda.
- If you have sensitive skin, patch test before using any of the home remedies.