We all don’t quite like ‘that’ time of the month- thanks to abdominal cramps, PMS and discomfort. Lucky are those who naturally never suffer from menstrual abdominal cramps due to good diet and genes. Menstrual cramps certainly aren’t a joke and those who get serious cramps know it well. Relying on medicines isn’t always good and taking them every month should be avoided.
There are many natural remedies that you could try on to reduce menstrual cramps which help in bringing oxygen to the muscles. Fennel seeds are one of those natural remedies! Below is how you could use fennel seeds for menstrual cramps and PMS along with its benefits:
- Fennel seeds can work as effectively as over-the-counter drugs like ibuprofen or the usual meftal spas for painful periods because it has anti-inflammatory and muscle calming properties.
- The antispasmodic and phytoestrogenic properties of fennel seeds helps relax the muscles in the uterus relieving cramping.
- Fennel seeds help to release muscle tension, soothe inflammation, ease aches and pains.
- Fennel seeds soothe the cramps and works as a mild analgesic compound.
- Fennel seeds not only help with abdominal cramps, but it also uplifts your mood and beat bloating and indigestion which are other symptoms accompanying menstrual cycle.
WAYS TO USE FENNEL SEEDS FOR MENSTRUAL CRAMPS AND PMS:
Fennel tea: Fennel tea works the best for PMS and menstrual cramps. To make fennel tea, pour 1 cup of water to a vessel and add 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds. Let it simmer in low flame for 5 minutes with a lid on it. Turn off the flame and strain. Have it warm several times a day.
Fennel honey syrup: Grab a handful of fennel seeds and roast them until crunchy. Grind them into fine powder and store in an airtight container. Take a spoonful of raw honey and add in 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds. Mix it well and have it. Have this fennel-honey syrup 2-3 times a day.