Yogurt is a rich ingredient which is used from ancient times in skin care rituals. Yogurt has a lot of skin and hair benefits and we can use it in every possible way in our skin care and hair care routine.
Hair benefits of yogurt–
- Yogurt is natural hair conditioner.
- Makes hairs soft and tames frizz.
- Reduces dryness & itchiness of scalp and maintains the natural balance of scalp
- Helps to remove dandruff when used along with lemon.
- Prevents dryness of hair strands and regular use reduces hair fall and also premature graying.
DIY soft and shiny hair mask
- Fresh Natural Yogurt – 4 tablespoon
- Olive oil- 1 table spoon
- Honey- 1 tablespoon
Procedure– Mix all the ingredients one by one to make a smooth paste. Apply on your scalp and hair. Wash it and shampoo after 30 minutes.
Skin benefits of yogurt
- Yogurt is suitable for every skin types.
- Makes skin soft, supple and glowy
- Helps to lighten skin.
- Clears out blemishes and pigmentation.
- Removes the black patch from underarms, elbows or knees.
- Natural moisturizer
- Tones and relaxes tired skin and helps to keep your skin hydrated well.
Face and body mask – Glowing skin Mask
- Gram flour or rice flour- 2 tablespoons
- Natural Yogurt- 3 tablespoons
- Honey- 1-2 teaspoon
- Essential oils of your choice- 4-5 drops
- Add honey and yogurt to gram flour in a bowl.
- Add essential oils and make a paste
- Apply all over face and hand or other parts also wherever you want
- Keep it for 20 minutes and remove in a circular motion with wet hand. It also act as an exfoliator due to presence of gram flour and cleans the skin really well.
You can try these easy yet effective yogurt masks at home and you will get good results surely. Simple and Easy Homemade Yogurt Recipe