Apple Tea has been known worldwide for its health benefits. It is basically made from black tea or green tea enhanced with flavour from apples. Apple tea is very popular in Turkey, considered a national staple drink. The constituents of apple tea include antioxidants (catechin, quercetin), minerals (magnesium, sodium, and potassium), amino acids and vitamins B, C and E.
Here are the top benefits and remedies of apple tea:
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps fight arthritis and other type of inflammations.
- May help reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancers, especially colon,
- Apple tea is healthier than several sugar rich beverages which are loaded with calories. They are a great substitute for artificial fruit juices and colas.
- Apples contain phytonutrients which help in keeping the heart healthy. Regular consumption of apple tea helps in reducing or lowering the risk of stroke.
- Apple tea provides dietary fibre which helps in preventing constipation. It works to enhance smooth bowel movement when consumed early in the body. It works as a good laxative.
- Apple tea is rich in antioxidants. Drinking apple tea on regular basis helps in eye health, reduces risks of cataracts and prevents blindness.
To make the apple juice:
- Wash and deseed the apples. Cut the apples into slices, there is no need to peel the apples.
- Add the apples to the pot and add enough water to just cover them. Too much water and you’ll have pretty diluted juice. You can dilute the juice with extra water later when you drink if the flavor is too stronger.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water picks up the apple flavor for about 25-30 minutes.
- Drain the apple juice into a jar by using a sieve and gently mash the apples until you get all the juice.
- The apple mush you collected can easily be turned into apple sauce by placing in a blender and adding a sugar.
Here is a recipe for an easy-to-make Apple tea, Things you need:
- Green tea/black tea pre brewed (1cup)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add apple juice and apple cider vinegar to the pre-brewed tea
- Add sugar or honey, as per your choice
- Serve hot or chilled!