In today’s strenuous lifestyle, we succumb to numerous stress and tensions. Our body is always craving for some sort of pampering and as we know it most of the times, time constraints and other factors have been stopping us from giving the required attention to our body. It is not quite a revelation that I am making, as most of you have heard at some point or the other about detox bath.
Today detoxification has caught the fancy of most of us and rightly so as it has a lot of benefits to offer. The reason we require detoxification is as our body is subjected to several toxins. The air that we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink, the medicines, each and everything has some sort of toxin. These toxins harm and irritate our body by finally destroying it. All this can happen if it is left unchecked at the right time. Detoxification helps in eliminating the toxins from the body. It is a process that the body carries out naturally without our knowledge.
Benefits of detox bath:
- Draws out all toxic heavy metals from the body
- Make you sweat excessively thereby eliminating the toxins off the body.
- Relaxes your senses and calms you down.
- Aromatherapy detox bath in particular are designed to relax your mind and senses.
- Improves oxygen use
- Regulates the activity of 325+ enzymes
- Aids the muscles and nerves to function properly
- Prevents artery hardening and blood clots
- Make insulin more effective
Essential oil detox bath: Your bath can turn out to be a relaxing affair by just adding few drops of essential oil into it. Another benefit of this detox bath is that you can use essential oil targeting your issues too. If you are taking a bath to pep up your mood then you can choose peppermint essential oil.
Sea salt detox bath: Salt has been used for bathing from ancient times, it has been used for relation basically. All you need to do is grab some sea salt and put it in your bath water and take bath.
Baking soda bath: Yes, simple baking soda that you can easily access can be a detox bath ingredient. Add some baking soda to your bath water. Other than detoxification, it helps in de-stressing too.
Apple Cider Vinegar detox Bath: Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Bath helps in treating Arthritis and gout. This bath helps you to sweat out toxins and assures peaceful sleep.
Seaweed detox bath: This is a detox bath that requires a special mix that includes clay, bladderwrack as well as kelp in order to create this exotic detox bath. This combination creates an electromagnetism which increases the blood flow and lymph fluids in the body. This is not achieved with any other detox bath. Simply mix same amount of ingredients in the water and you are good to go.
How to do a detox bath:-
- Fill in your bath tub with water
- Add your favorite ingredients, essential oil (5-10 drops) and salt combination too.
- Warm water is a good option.
- Immerse yourself in this water up to your neck. Close your eyes and do some breathing exercise. Soak for ten minutes.
- Do not use harsh soaps or shampoos as your pores are now open and will absorb the chemicals found in those products.
- After drying apply some moisturizer.