We all are born with flawless skin and even complexion but as we age, factors like sun exposure, lack of care, stress, pollution etc. make our skin dull and tanned. Yogurt is a delicious and healthy food and is also rich in multi-vitamins. It is a wonderful beauty product that can be for the skin to freshen and brighten it up.
Yogurt is a rich ingredient which is used from ancient times in skin care rituals. Below is how you can make a skin brightening yogurt face mask along with its benefits:
- Yogurt has loads of zinc, calcium lactic acid and vitamins that helps in reducing pores, acne, reduces wrinkles, exfoliates and also moisturizes the skin.
- Yogurt also helps remove tan and dullness and brightens up your skin.
- Yogurt contains anti-ageing properties which help in destroying free radicals. These free radicals damage the skin cells by taking away oxygen molecules from them, as a result, fine lines and wrinkle appear.
- Yogurt is acidic in nature and hence helps in destroying the acne causing bacteria and germs.
- Turmeric essential oil is well known for its skin brightening properties!
- Turmeric not only brightens up the skin but also clears blemishes and bumps. BEAUTY DIY: TURMERIC MASK FOR CLEAR, BRIGHT AND ACNE FREE SKIN
RECIPE FOR YOGURT SKIN BRIGHTENING FACE MASK:
Things you need:
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 4-5 drops of turmeric essential oil or 1/4 tsp of organic turmeric powder
Method: To make this face mask, take 2 tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl and mix it well so that it is smooth without any lumps.
Now, add in 4-5 drops of turmeric essential oil and give it a good mix. On a cleansed face, apply the mask evenly and let it work for 15 minutes. Wash off and moisturize.
Caution – patch test before use.