The dark brown colored, aromatic cloves are rich sources of various minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, sodium, iron, and potassium. It also contains the antioxidant vitamins C and A. The oil extracted from cloves have multiple benefits for your health, hair, and skin. While this essential oil is popular for its oral care properties, it is beneficial to other parts and systems of your body too. Welcome to the aromatic world of clove oil and its benefits!
Good for your teeth: The germicidal properties of this essential oil enable it to be an effective home remedy for any and all dental issues. It’s healing potential weaves magic by easing toothaches, oral ulcers, and sore gums.
Antidote for bad breath: Add four drops of this essential oil to 250 ml warm water. Mix the concoction well and use it as your gargle regularly to do away with bad breath.
Strengthens immune system: Rich in antiviral properties, clove oil promotes blood purification and circulation, thereby promoting immune power. The antioxidants in the essential oil help in the removal of free radicals, thereby shielding you from a multitude of illnesses.
Effective skin care: The anti-inflammatory and antiseptic nature of clove oil makes it an effective cure for acne. Its antioxidant properties are used to avert the signs of premature aging like sagging skin and wrinkles. Topical application of clove oil infused in olive oil helps easing the puffiness and dark circles around the eyes.
Helps to heal wounds and infections: The antiseptic properties of clove oil make it useful to heal various infectious skin conditions including athlete’s foot and scabies. Topical application of this essential oil promotes the healing of wounds and deep cuts. It is also effective in easing stings and bites of the insects.
Good for your mind and brain: The aphrodisiac nature of clove oil makes it a wonderful stress reliever. It stimulates your mind and eliminates the fatigue and exhaustion. Ingestion of recommended levels of clove oil keeps your rejuvenated and revitalized. It also promotes better functioning of the brain and could avert age-induced cognitive decline.
Good for sleep disorders: The relaxing and rejuvenating nature of clove essential oil helps in alleviating sleep disorders like insomnia.
Eases aches and pains: A mixture of clove oil and salt can be applied on the forehead to obtain relief from intense headaches. It can also applied topically on other muscles after diluting with carrier oils to ease inflammations and pains.
Eases respiratory issues: The anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and cooling properties of this essential oil clears the clogged nasal passages and airways. Its expectorant properties, thus, enables it to effectively ease conditions such as a cough, cold, asthma, sinusitis, and bronchitis.
Some of the other benefits of clove oil are:
- Natural solution for sty on the eyelash
- Promotes digestion and heals digestive system disorders including vomiting and diarrhea
- Mix it with sesame oil and use it to heal ear aches.
- Inhaling the aroma of clove oil helps to ease nausea.
- A mixture of clove, cinnamon, rose, and lavender essential oils in a base of almond oil can be used to ease painful menstruation.
- The antioxidant properties of cloves makes it a powerful anti-cancerous agent.
- When are you going to experience the benefits of clove oil and share them with us?
** Warning ** :
- Consult Your Doctor Before Using Essential Oil Products If You Have Any Known Health Risks.
- Do not use essential oils or absolutes undiluted; do not apply directly on the skin.
- Keep all oils away from eyes.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Conduct patch test with essential oils or absolutes diluted in base on inner arm for sensitivities. Wait 24 hours before wider application.
- The use of essential oils for health benefits should not be in place of seeing a doctor or seeking medical attention.