Cleaning makeup brushes is extremely important to prevent germs and breakouts. But have you ever thought of cleaning your makeup sharpener? Yes, the sharpener which you use to sharp your lip-liner, eye-liner and lip-crayons also need a thorough cleaning after every use. If you sharpener is not clean, you can suffer from eye infections due to the bacteria growth and germs. So, take a few minutes to sanitize and deep-clean your “makeup sharpener” to get rid of the dirt, bacteria, germs and eyeliner residue. Here are the steps to clean makeup sharpener:
Method 1 using Hand-wash and Sanitizer:
- Take a cotton swab and wet it. Don’t completely soak it in water, just dampen it little bit.
- Pour small amount of hand-wash on the cotton swap. We are using hand wash and not soap because it is milder and soap can be harmful.
- Now clean the inside part of the sharpener using this cotton swap. Clean all entire residue from the inside first and then clean the outer part of the sharpener in the same manner.
- Repeat the step three if the marks of makeup are still visible to your eyes.
- Rinse the hand-wash residue using warm water for better and easy cleaning. Wipe down the sharpener using a tissue.
- Now take a cotton pad and take tiny amount of sanitizer on it. Wipe the whole body of sharpener using this cotton pad to disinfect the sharpener.
Let it dry and tada you’re done.
Method 2 using Makeup Remover and Rubbing Alcohol:
- Take a cotton pad and pour some makeup remover on it. Use it to clean the leftover eyeliner or lip liner residue from the outer body.
- For inner compartment, use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to get rid of makeup residue.
- Once the residue is cleaned, take rubbing alcohol and spray it on the sharpener.
- Now take a tissue and wipe whole body of the sharpener to get decontaminate it completely.
Let it air-dry and you’re done.
- You must deep-clean your sharpener 3-4 times a month.
- Cleaning your makeup remover will also increase its life.
- You can also clean your sharpener using wet-wipes or makeup-remover wipes while travelling or whenever you’re in a hurry.