Yogurt is a delicious and healthy food and is also rich in multi-vitamins. It is a wonderful beauty product that can be for both skin and hair. It is blessed with Zinc and lactic acid which promotes healthy skin and shiny hair. It helps in removing dead cells, hydrate dry patches, tighten pores, glowing skin, reduces fine lines, removes dandruff, itchy scalp and nourishes the hair. There are various flavors of yogurt available in the market. One should be choosy with it. It is advisable to go with plain yogurt or the ones which possess high levels of fats .
Yogurt benefits for skin:
Skin lightening: Feeling low due to your dark complexion? Yogurt can help you with skin lightening. Take little yogurt in a bowl, add some drops of fresh lemon juice in it. Stir it. Apply it on your face and let it be there for 30 minutes. Wash it with cold water. Continue this procedure till you are get that glowing light skin. Lemon juice has citric acid and hence it is used as a skin lightener.
Tightening Skin pores:
The large pores on the skin gives a dull look. Apply the plain Yogurt on your face. Let it be there for 15-20 minutes for the skin to absorb it. Wash it with cold water. Remember to apply a natural moisturizer after the wash as your skin might become little stiff and tight.
No more Wrinkles:
Why use chemicals to get away from those wrinkles? Yogurt contains anti-ageing properties which help in destroying those free radicals. These free radicals damage the skin cells by taking away oxygen molecules from them, as a result fine lines and wrinkle appears. Apply yogurt on face, allow it be absorbed by the skin and then wash off completely with cold water. Do not forget to use a moisturizer after the wash.
Acne free skin:
Yogurt is acidic in nature and hence helps in destroying the acne causing bacteria and germs. You can either consume yogurt or apply it on the face, the benefits are equally amazing. Apply the plain Yogurt on the acnes, let it dry, and wash it after minutes. The procedure should be followed on a regular basis to deal with the acnes.
Yogurt benefits for hair:
Apply plain yogurt on the hair to get the shiny and healthy look.
- Make a paste of yogurt and gram flour powder (besan). Apply it on the hair roots and let it be there for an hour or so. Wash it with mild shampoo. This prevents hair loss and helps in treating dandruff.
- For a hair loss treatments mix yogurt and coconut milk. Apply it on hair and leave it for sometime. Rinse it with mild shampoo . It helps in retaining hair shine as well as helps in dealing with hair loss.
- Use yogurt along with few drops of lemon in it. Apply the paste on the scalp to get away from dandruff. It also helps in hair strengthening.
- For smooth, shiny hair, blend half cup of yogurt into a smooth paste and coat the hair with it. Wrap a warm towel over your hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash with regular shampoo and notice the conditioned and moisturized hair.
- To deal with frizzy and dry hair, make a paste of 3 tbsp. yogurt, 2 tbsp. coconut oil and 4 tbsp. aloevera gel. Apply the gel evenly and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it with a mild shampoo. Your hair will be manageable as well as shiny.