Shampoos contain silicones, parabens, colour, fragrance and other toxic additives that might be detrimental to your hair health in the long run. So why keep using commercial shampoos while you know they can damage your tresses? Well, we accept that the transition to natural shampoos might not be an easy one but there is no harm in giving it a try! Try using clay for natural detoxification and hair cleansing:
BENEFITS OF USING CLAY FOR WASHING HAIR
- Clay is known for its therapeutic properties and has stood the test of time.
Since chemicals are absent, clay is a wonderful ingredient for hair care, especially if you believe in natural approach to beautify your hair and skin.
- It is rich in nutrients and minerals.
- It has adsorbent properties and is capable of removing dirt, chemicals and excess oil from hair effectively.
- It helps detoxify by removing toxins and build-up from hair.
- It nourishes the scalp and hair.
- It helps unclog hair follicles, treat dandruff and reduce loss of hair.
- Clay softens hair and helps detangle hair.
READ MORE – OVERNIGHT HAIR SERUM – get longer stronger hair
HOW TO USE CLAY TO WASH YOUR HAIR
Things that you need- Clay powder: 2 tablespoons (you may have to add more if you have long hair or if your hair is very thick and curly)
Method- Blend the clay well so that there are no clumps present. Mix clay and water in a non-metallic container. Make it a smooth and thin paste, but not runny. Wet your hair. Massage the mixture on your scalp and hair. Saturate your hair with the mixture. Let it sit for at least 2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running water.
TYPES OF CLAY YOU CAN USE:
Bentonite clay: This potent clay helps in detoxification, removing oil build-up and adding lustre to your hair.
Rhassoul clay: This clay rich in minerals helps exfoliate hair, remove impurities and treat dandruff.
Fuller’s Earth: Also known as Multani Mitti, this clay is very common and helps remove extra oil while adding volume to hair.
Kaolin clay: This gentle clay, that helps absorb toxins and promote strong hair, is wonderful for dry hair.
- You may use aloe vera juice or Apple Cider Vinegar instead of water to make the paste, especially if your scalp is very oily.
- Make sure that clay doesn’t dry up in hair while you allow it to sit in course of washing.
- Use ACV hair rinse post hair wash with clay to restore the PH balance to hair.