Acne is a common problem and 9 out of 10 people suffer from it! They can also be attributed to factors like hormonal imbalance, genetics, improper skin care, poor diet, sun exposure and aging. There are a lot of commercially available prescription treatments and over-the-counter products that help keep your acne under control, but natural remedies always work the best and many would agree to this! Tomato is a great natural ingredient that can help you keep your skin clear, glowing and acne-free. Below is how you could use tomato for acne along with its benefits:
- Tomato contains acidity which helps to dry up acne present in skin.
- Tomato pulp contains Vitamins like A, C and K and Lycopene which is very beneficial in healing acne.More: Home remedies for acne scars >>
- Tomatoes also contain iron, potassium, and other nutrients that support general health as well as skin health and also reduces scar formation.
- Tomato also works as a natural astringent that keeps your skin clean and free of acne-causing bacteria.
HOW TO USE TOMATOES FOR ACNE:
- Grab a clean organic tomato and slice it. On a cleansed face, rub tomato slice until it loses all its juices. Wash your face and pat dry. Do this every alternate day to see positive results.
- Alternatively, you can also add tomato pulp to some oats to make a thick paste and use it as a face scrub for acne.